Friday, April 20, 2007

Monster plant!

I won a monster plant at the office auction this week. It's a powerful plant, since it sat for years and years in the office of the Editor-in-Chief of the Southern, no less! Ha ha.

Since the newspaper is in the process of renovating and remodelling its offices, a whole bunch of "office plants" were auctioned off to employees and the proceeds given to charity.

There were several bids on the plant, but it seems mine was the winning bid - $7 - a pretty good deal for a mature plant this size.

A friend kindly helped me load the monster plant into her pickup truck this morning and helped me bring the plant home.

Unfortunately the ride home was a bit rough on the plant (no bungee cord to secure it in place, highway driving, lots of wind...) and it lost a lot of its leaves!

Now it sits outside my front door, still recovering from the shock therapy I put it through.

The plant is really pretty. But I still don't know what kind of plant it is.

Does anyone want to hazard a guess?

What I do know is its an indoor, creeper-type plant that has grown and grown into what it is today. I will probably need to repot it before taking it indoors.

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

I'm sorry I have no clue what kind it is, but it's darn cool!