Friday, April 20, 2007

Trailer Talk

Two massive trailers sit in the parking lot of the place I work for. Carpenters and workmen have been readying them for almost a month now - awaiting the Big Move.

Next week everyone moves their belongings, files, desks and computers into these trailers and will continue their work - which is to bring out a daily newspaper and assorted journals and magazines; while the old massive building that housed the entire newspaper will be remodelled, repainted and generally made over.

While everyone agrees its high time the office was remodelled, everyone also knows that the process isn't going to be easy. Imagine 400-odd people dislocated from their original work spaces, working in small trailers on a parking lot, trying to still meet their deadlines and goals, in the height of summer. It will probably be INSANE! But then since so much planning has gone into this, it will probably run like clockwork for all I know, with the occasional hiccup perhaps.

Luckily for me, I will be in India, most of the while the office is getting remodelled. So I get to miss working in a trailer! Or so I hope.

But what I do have to do before I leave is pack all my files and office supplies and things in my desk in boxes with labels on them - so that they can be moved to the trailer in my absence.

2 comments:

Abby said...

One day, when I am rich and powerful, I will go to India, and you guys will show me around... right?!

PJ said...

of course! :)