Thursday, March 09, 2006

Rainy Day...Meandering Thoughts

The garden surrounding my house has turned into a muddy pool of water. It’s been raining since last evening in fits and starts and the skies look dark and angry.

Pico keeps wanting to go out. I let him out thinking he needs to "Go Potty!" but instead he jumps into every single puddle, rolls happily in the submerged grass and laps up water from muddy pools. I guess he is enjoying the rain.

I have a big blue Turkish towel near the door, just to dry him off every time he comes in from a romp in the wet outside. But he manages to avoid my waiting arms and jumps on the sofa, staining it with his muddy paws.

As I sat on my front porch this morning sipping hot chai, I wondered at how green the grass around my house looked. It’s been a long winter and I almost got used to staring at naked tree branches and brown, dead grass, covered in frost or snow.

But now it looks like Spring is just around the corner. It’s almost as if the rains seem to be marking a change in season.

I can’t wait to just go outside without a jacket, gloves and a woolen hat! I cant wait to start wearing skirts again and don my open toed sandals.

I'm about done with Winter. Oh sunny days, I cant wait to see you again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Poornima, and thanks for subscribing to my blog on Xanga. I hope I make it worth your while!

It's good to "meet" you through our mutual friend (Merril).

I enjoyed viewing your wedding pictures!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

It rained here too yesterday, most unseasonal, but the temperatures went down instantly. And we had one of the best sunsets I have ever seen on this beach. It was perfect weather for eating bhuttas on the beach, but we forgot to carry any money with us, so we just looked at them and inhaled the fragrance :)

PJ said...

Thanks Brian for dropping by. Hope to see you here regularly!

PJ said...

Sunitha! You lucky woman! Sunset on the beach after the rains in Bombay - what bliss!
Oh and I want to eat bhuttas on the beach too. I am so envious!
And (ahem...) who is "we"? :)

PJ said...

Heh heh. Thanks Abby! :)