Thursday, June 08, 2006

Drop it like a FOB!

Saw this hilarious Desi parody music video today and literally laughed my guts out.
Anoop Dogg parodies Snoop Dogg's 'Drop it Like Its Hot!'
For those who dont know what FOB means - it stands for Fresh Off the Boat - which is what a lot of Desis call newly arrived South Asian immigrants.
It used to be a derogatory term, but is today used by Desis very loosely and in a not-so-negative sense.





For those who cant follow the lyrics....this is just some of it...FUN!

If you have a lot of chest hair,
Show it like a FOB,
Immigration comes to get you,
Marry like a FOB

I've got the chappals on my feet,
when i'm walking down the street,
and I make the best saag,
when I want something to eat

I am a nice FOB,
I work in the IT,
When you call tech support,
You will get me.

I am a bachelor,
And I work hard,
Come and marry me
So I can get the Green-card.

White people, they can’t understand me,
Their jobs are now in New Delhi.


(Saag is a spinach based dish, and IT stands for Information Technology)

No comments: