Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Celebrate All Fools Day with Gmail Custom Time


So its April 1 and guess what Google has come up with for Gmail users?
Gmail Custom Time™
The tagline? Be on time. Every time.*

The idea is fantastic. You can send an email and reconfigure the time to the past – so say your mom’s birthday was last week and you forgot to wish her, you could still send her an email today and change the sent date to last week – so it appears in her inbox as sent on such and such a date. Then you can claim, “I did send you an email!”

Google has even set up testimonials:
"I just got two tickets to Radiohead by being the 'first' to respond to a co-worker's 'first-come, first-serve' email. Someone else had already won them, but I told everyone to check their inboxes again. Everyone sort of knows I used Custom Time on this one, but I'm denying it."
Robby S., Paralegal


Even more hilariously, Google has set a 10 predated email limit per person because allowing an infinite number, “would cause people to lose faith in the accuracy of time, thus rendering the feature useless.” Heh heh, they talk about e-flux capacitors that make predating an email possible and even have a crazy formula:



Ha ha, hilarious. Its so April Fools day! I'm loving the humor in it. They almost had me. Almost!

1 comment:

Lizzie said...

Most excellent. :)