Monday, July 30, 2007

Shahi Malai Kofta anyone?

In the mood for some authentic stuff, we rolled up our sleeves the other day and followed every minute direction Nita Mehta had to give us.

We spent many hours in the kitchen, chopping, boiling, grating, dicing, deep frying, stirring and what not.

The end result? Simply marvellous I tell you! No modesty there as you can see!
May I present to you our version of Shahi Malai Kofta with rotis as an accompaniment?

*drumroll please!*

We made the paneer ourselves, since its not available here. And then proceeded to make the koftas from grated paneer and potato. The gravy is pretty rich too - since its made up of ground cashews, onions, cream and a bunch of other things.

Then we mixed some atta in our food processor and proceeded to make the rotis in our latest gadget - the automatic roti maker!

I must take a picture of the machine and put it up sometime. Its the best thing we ever bought and lugged all the way from India - because now making rotis is as easy as 1-2-3!

We made utter pigs of ourselves that night. And had all kinds of stomach problems the next day - due to overeating!!

4 comments:

adworks said...

That was indeed delish! It made me want to not eat anything or brush my teeth for the next few days so the taste would linger. But the prospect of getting divorced wasn't very inviting either. Two thumbs up for Nita Mehta's recipe and the roti maker too.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha Nanu is so funny!! That kofta dish does look delicious. Wow, I miss all the yummy food I used to eat when I lived on Grant :(

PJ said...

Oh we miss those days too! You must come and visit us.

Lizzie said...

Oh my goodness, how yum!! I'm jealous. :)