Saturday, March 10, 2007

Me and my Accord

This post is for all those who refuse to believe I can finally drive!

Yes, its true. I do drive! Its been several months in fact since I got my license.

I cant tell you what a wonderful feeling it is to finally be able to go where I want to, when I want to, without having to ask anyone for a ride or call a taxi!

Nanu taught me and it took me forever to gain confidence on American roads. Even today, I keep having to consciously tell myself to drive on the right side of the road. I guess years of driving on the left side of the road, is hard to erase!

As an aside, I love driving home for lunch (yeah, I know that’s a luxury!) these days. The sun’s been shining the past week and its so nice outside; I just can’t seem to get over it!

I roll my window down and luxuriate in the slow warmth of the sun. The weather is still chilly in parts, but there’s more sunshine to be enjoyed in the afternoons for sure.
Spring is almost here!
Oh and dont ask me why all Indians in the US choose to drive a Honda! I dont know the answer to that one. Or maybe I do. Ha ha ha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow!lovely car.cant wait 2 have u as my driver when i come 2 u.s.no more bothering nanu 4 our endless shopping.u look great too.