Friday, January 26, 2007

Feature: Top Menopausal Questions - Answered

I switched the format up a bit and decided to go with a panel of experts answering menopause-related questions, FAQ style.

Things got a bit murky when I received a press release from a national research organization; a few days before the magazine went to print, contradicting what one of my “expert” interviewees had said in the story.

The story was already written. My graphic artist

had already laid it out. The magazine was due at the printers the next day.

But crunched for time as I was, I decided that the right thing to do was to go back to the expert and ask her what her stance was after this new study. She appreciated the gesture and clarified her position.

The quotes were inserted into the story. The story underwent a bit of modification, allowing for the new changes. It had to be

laid out again by my graphic artist. And we still made the deadline.

Goes to show that things CAN be changed, at the very -nth minute, if you care enough about the end product and therefore exert a superhuman effort to get things right!

Click here to read the story in text format.

No comments: